Testimonials, Lens Selection Webinar, Nancy Schreiber ASC, StudentFilmmakers…
Thank You to Our Education Sponsor
iFootage is an international collective of passionate media professionals driven by a shared love for image creation and innovative design. Based in various locations around the world, we take pride in crafting award-winning camera support equipment. Our products, born from UK design and meticulously engineered, are used globally to enhance the art of visual storytelling. We aim to solve everyday problems on set, how big or small they may be, through quality manufacturing providing the best user experience. Making great tripods, monopods, magic arms, heavy duty camera bags, and recently, innovative and accurate lighting equipment.
Wrap-Up of “Lens Selection for Film and TV Production” Webinar
Led by Nancy Schreiber ASC, Award-Winning Cinematographer
Produced and Hosted by StudentFilmmakers.com, Sponsored by iFootage
The “Lens Selection for Film and TV Production” webinar, held on December 11, 2023, led by the award-winning cinematographer Nancy Schreiber ASC, was a resounding success. Hosted by StudentFilmmakers.com and conducted online via Zoom, this enlightening session attracted a diverse group of attendees, ranging from budding filmmakers to seasoned professionals.
Nancy Schreiber ASC, with her impressive body of work that includes films like “November,” “The Nines,” and “Serious Moonlight,” shared her deep insights into the art of lens selection for film and TV production. The webinar provided a rare opportunity for participants to delve into the world of cinematography from the perspective of an industry veteran.
Key takeaways from the webinar included:
- The importance of choosing the right lenses for visual storytelling.
- How different lenses can impact the narrative and mood of a scene.
- Practical tips for both novice and experienced filmmakers on effective lens selection.
Reviews and Testimonials from Webinar Attendees:
- “Students old and new are benefitting from StudentFilmmakers.com’s Webinars. So great of them to put these on! Thank you!”
- “I found this webinar to be very informative. I recommend StudentFilmmakers.com highly to anyone wanting to learn more about filmmaking.”
- “The Lens Selection Live Webinar with master cinematographer Nancy Schreiber ASC, hosted by StudentFilmmakers.com, was an incredibly educational experience. Nancy’s expertise and engaging delivery provided valuable insights into the art of lens selection. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn from such a luminary in the field. Thanks to StudentFilmmakers.com for organizing this enriching event.”
- “This was great. Thank you to Nancy and to the sponsors!”
- “Love Nancy! Wonderful hearing from working industry leaders on workflows, advice and most of all, answering questions! Hope to catch up with Nancy on Part 2 of her webinar on lenses.”
- “The webinars I have seen, mostly with Nancy Schreiber, ASC, are absolutely great. Thank you.”
- “Very informative!”
- “I loved Nancy’s breakdown and experiences with different rental houses, vendors, and brands of lenses, from established rental houses like Panavision, to higher-end vendors like Zeiss, to affordable brands like Sigma and Rokinon. Also appreciated her inexpensive solutions, like using Lensbabies. Interesting to hear real world industry experiences, like how 4K cameras are prevalent, yet most broadcast TV is still limited to 1080.”
- “Nancy is awesome!”
- “Always a good and informative webinar!”
- “Very useful and informative, thank you!”
- “It was incredible! I found this webinar to be very informative.”
- “This was great! Not only did I learn things, I learned about whole subjects I had never considered, and now I can study them too.”
- “Again, an excellent presentation by Nancy Schreiber ASC. Clear, informative, and insightful.”
- “Another Great Informative Session. Thank You.”
- “Nancy is FANTASTIC!!!!”
- “Nancy, thank you. You started me thinking very differently about lens choices. A great session.”
- “It was very energetic, informative and a way to keep us thinking about our work in the industry. Nancy had such charisma and insight into what she was talking about, that it seemed very short. Looking forward to more meetings like this.”
- “Nancy gave a wonderful talk on lens selection. I have used some of the lenses that she spoke about and I learned about the use of anamorphic lenses for close-ups that I had not considered but will be exploring in my work. Thank you for making this webinar possible!”
The Q&A session was particularly engaging, with Nancy providing thoughtful and detailed answers to a wide range of questions from attendees. This interactive segment allowed participants to explore specific challenges and scenarios they face in their own work.
Feedback from the attendees has been overwhelmingly positive. Many appreciated the practical insights and the opportunity to learn from a cinematographer of Nancy’s caliber. The clear and concise presentation style, coupled with Nancy’s willingness to share her experiences and knowledge, was highly commended.
Overall, the “Lens Selection for Film and TV Production” webinar was not only informative but also inspirational, offering valuable lessons for anyone passionate about the art and craft of filmmaking. We thank Nancy Schreiber ASC and all the participants for making this event a memorable learning experience.
About Our Speaker, Instructor, and Mentor:
Nancy Schreiber ASC
Nancy Schreiber, ASC is an award-winning cinematographer based in both New York and Los Angeles. She was the fourth woman ever voted into membership in the prestigious American Society of Cinematographers. Nancy was honored with the Best Dramatic Cinematography Award at Sundance for the film November, directed by Greg Harrison starring Courteney Cox. She also shared the Best Cinematography Award at Sundance for My America…Or Honk If You Love Buddah and she garnered an Emmy nomination for Best Cinematography on the acclaimed Celluloid Closet for HBO.
Nancy has photographed numerous films premiering at Sundance including: The Nines, for John August, with Ryan Reynolds, Melissa McCarthy, Hope Davis and Octavia Spencer; HBO’s Stranger Inside directed by Cheryl Dunye, Motherhood with Uma Thurman and Minnie Driver, and Loverboy directed by Kevin Bacon, with Kyra Sedgwick, Sandra Bullock, Matt Dillon and Marissa Tomei. Additional independent films she photographed include: Serious Moonlight with Meg Ryan, Tim Hutton, Justin Long and Kristin Bell , Everyday, directed by Richard Levine, with Helen Hunt, Liev Schreiber, Brian Dennehy, Carla Gugino and Eddie Izzard , as well as Neil La Bute’s Your Friends and Neighbors, with Ben Stiller, Catherine Keener, Aaron Eckhart, Amy Brenneman, Jason Patric and Natasha Kinski.