FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the stylish FUJIFILM X-E2, a premium interchangeable lens camera with the latest APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and world’s fastest speed.
Features of the FUJIFILM X-E2
Building on the global success of the highly acclaimed FUJIFILM X-E1 — awarded 2013’s Best Expert CSC by the Technical Image Press Association — the X-E2 takes image quality to a dynamic new level that is comparable with full-frame cameras. It delivers even more beautiful color reproduction, higher definition image capture, and that world’s fastest AF speed of 0.08 seconds.
This is achieved by more than doubling the processing speedof the EXR Processor II. It is able to harness the information taken from over 100,000 phase detection pixels incorporated in the X-Trans CMOS II. The hybrid AF also combines phase detection AF and contrast AF to ensure accuracy when shooting low-contrast subjects and dark scenes.
The 16.3 million pixels APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II Sensor incorporates an original color filter array. This eliminates the need for an optical low pass filter that typically minimizes moiré but does so at the expense of resolution. Instead, the X-Trans CMOS II sensor can capture unfiltered light from the lens for an unprecedented level of image clarity.
Quality is further improved by the Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO). Its high-precision processing of the various lens parameters, as well as data from the screen centre to the edges, corrects diffraction blur when shooting with a stopped down aperture and compensates for the slight blurring in the lens periphery. The result is edge-to-edge image quality with incredible sharpness. LMO will be compatible with every XF lens.
The X-E2’s prestigious feel continues with the combination of aperture ring on the lens and shutter dial on the top of the body as seen in its predecessor. This allows full shooting control while keeping your eye to the viewfinder. The X-E2 is available in solid black or two-tone black and silver.
Better image quality
The X-Trans CMOS II sensor controls moiré and false color generation by using an original color filter array with a highly randomized pixel arrangement. This removes the need for an Optical Low Pass Filter (OLPF) that degrades resolution. This is the same sensor as used in the highly acclaimed and award-winning FUJIFILM X100S.
Image quality is further increased by the inclusion of the first Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) for interchangeable lens cameras. The EXR Processor II image engine corrects even slight blur at the edges of the lens, as well as diffraction blur caused when narrowing the aperture. This advanced technology has been made possible by the integrated development of lens, sensor and processor and is based on the optical performance and characteristics of individual lenses. The camera is able to maximize the resolving and individual imaging power of each lens.
Ultimately, the sensor and engine combination achieves astonishing resolution, extends dynamic range, and reduces noise at high sensitivity. Fujifilm takes great pride in the resulting rich color reproduction and beautiful gradation of tones.
Improved movie performance
The X-E2 shoots Full HD video (1920×1080) up to 60fps and the AF tracking performance in movie mode has been improved with good focusing speed, accuracy and smoothness. Quick focusing on the subject is possible in a variety of situations, such as when panning and zooming, or when the subject moves closer to or further from the camera. Film simulation settings and exposure compensation (±2 EV) can be used during movie recording. Also a high bitrate (36Mbps) has been enabled.
Key features list:
- 16.3 million pixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- Original color filter array to control moiré and false color without an optical low pass filter
- EXR Processor II
- FUJIFILM X Mount
- Lens Modulation Optimizer for improved image quality
- Extra high resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- ±3 EV Exposure Compensation dial
- 3-inch (1.04 million dot) premium clear LCD (High contrast, High Brightness and Wide viewing angle)
- Built-in pop-up Flash (hot shoe attachment also available for external flash)
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- AF speed 0.08sec**
- Q (quick) button to shooting menu settings
- In-camera RAW converter
- Film simulation modes (Velvia, ASTIA, PROVIA, Monochrome, Sepia, Pro Neg.Std & Pro Neg.Hi)
- Artistic features inc. Multiple exposure, Panoramic shooting, and eight filter effects
- Selection of Bracketing functions (AE/ISO/Dynamic Range & Film Simulation)
- Full HD Movie
- Microphone/shutter release input (φ2.5mm)
- Approx. 350 shots per battery charge