The Alpha Dolly is a dolly with electromechanical column, powered by standard camera battery packs. It’s a lightweight, compact and flexible dolly system that scores with a low starting position of the column (710mm/ 27.95 inch) and a new slender design.It takes only e.g. three standard Li-Ion standard batteries (14,4V/10-15A) to operate the dolly which results in a high flexibility and independence regarding the power supply.
The new seating position at the column is equivalent to the familiar working method of the hydraulic lift arm dollies. Via seat arm adapters available in different lengths and a new telescopic seat arm, the seating position may be adjusted in height. Moreover, the camera operator may rotate with the column thanks to the integrated 360° rotation system.
The Alpha Dolly system is compatible with many of the standard MovieTech accessories.
Item No. 2300-0SET consists of:
- Base dolly with integrated turnstile, standard steering rod, combi studio/ track wheels
- Electromechanical column
- Battery adapter plate V-Mount
- Seat round
- Vertical seat arm 30cm
The highlights at a glance
- Power supply via 3 standard Li-Ion batteries (14,4V 10-15A) V-Mount or Gold Mount/ AB
- Low starting position of the column
- Turnstile integrated in the base dolly, enables 360° rotations of the column
- Precise and smooth column movements due to microprocessor control
- Allows to set low and high movement limit, store up to 30 points and motion control for an accurate reproduction of vertical movements
- Various speed and ramp settings selectable
- Column is removable for easy transport
- Changeable wheel configurations:
2 – or 4-wheel steering mechanism or
3 individual steering settings for each wheel:
CRAB:The wheel is connected to the steering system, resulting in automatic wheel alignment according to the steering
FREE: The wheel is not connected to the control system, resulting in free running
FIXED:The wheel is set at a selected angle position which enables a variety of wheel configurations
Examples of wheel configurations