Panasonic Announces Firmware Upgrade for AG-DVX200PJ 4K Handheld Camcorder
Panasonic has announced that a firmware upgrade for its AG-DVX200PJ 4K large-sensor, 4/3″ handheld camcorder is now available. The upgrade, free to DVX200PJ customers, is labeled Ver. 1.25 and can be downloaded at http://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgdvx200_e.htm.
The Ver. 1.25 upgrade encompasses several feature improvements and additions:
• A fast scan mode has been added to the menu options for 4K24p, UHD29.97p, UHD23.98p and UHD25p recording modes to minimize potential skewing.
• Color reproduction at higher brightness levels is improved to accommodate ranges of skin tones
• Potential black dot noise in 4K/UHD has been reduced
• Playback image aspect ratio has been corrected so that an image is properly displayed in 16:9 when a 480i/576i SQUEEZE video is played
• ISO gain value display in high-sensitivity mode has been improved (menu bug fix)
About the AG-DVX200PJ
The DVX200PJ is the first in a new generation of large sensor, multi-format professional camcorders capable of capturing 4K/UHD, HD and SD, including cinematic DCI 4K 4096×2160. The camcorder is optimized for 4K/HD production, with stunning bokeh effects and a V-Log L curve (measured at 12 stops) emulating the natural grey-scale rendition of the VariCam 35. The DVX200PJ incorporates a newly-developed 4/3″ large-format MOS sensor with high sensitivity of F11, and offers variable frame rate recording from 2fps to 120fps in 1080p mode, enhancing the camcorder’s utility in sports and VFX production. The handheld 4K camcorder offers an array of professional features including a newly-designed Leica Dicomar 4K F2.8~F4.5 zoom lens (4K/24p: 29.5 mm ~ 384.9 mm, HD: 28 mm ~ 365.3mm, 35 mm equivalent) with shallow depth-of-field, time-code in/out, 3G HD-SDI and HDMI 2.0 (4K) video outs (4:2:2 10-bit video), dual XLR audio inputs and 10 programmable user buttons.
You can use your Facebook login to post comments below.