VR/AR/Mixed Reality and DoD Media Strategies Highlight Dynamic Show as GV Expo Returns to Washington
WASHINGTON, D.C. NewBay’s 22nd Government Video Expo and Conference will be held Nov. 28–30 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, the Mid-Atlantic region’s premier event for video, broadcast, and AV professionals.
Video and visual storytelling will be crucial in 2018 — for government communicators, education, law enforcement, non-profits, and beyond. This year’s show brings an expanded focus on military issues; more demos; new dynamic “Power Panels” on the Government Video Theater stage; deep tech; and more.
• Just Announced: CTA’s Steve Koenig looks to the dazzling future of AR/VR/MR
• New for ’17: Director of Defense Media Activity Ray Shepherd heralds innovation at DMA
• New for ’17: National Park Service takes you behind scenes of its hit Centennial video
• New for ’17: “Power Panels” explore AR/VR/MR, video strategies for social media,, immersive video experiments, exploding drone/UAV marketplace
• Three packed days of education, training, conversations, and engaging keynotes
• Vibrant exhibit floor with 100+ video, broadcast, and AV technology providers
• Virtual reality demos on the show floor
• Visual Radio Symposium added as co-located event
The Potential for Augmented, Virtual and Mixed Reality — GV Expo welcomes Steve Koenig, senior director of market research at the Consumer Technology Association, the U.S. trade association representing more than 2,200 consumer technology companies, talking about the dramatic impact of AR/VR/MR.
Power Panels — Panels of industry experts take to the main stage to take attendees through the latest trends, including uses for AR/VR/MR in education, institutions, and enterprises; smart use of video for social media; and understanding applications of augmented platforms using interactive/360/VR/3D systems.
National Park Service Centennial Video Initiative — Mathew John has produced some of the most popular National Park Service videos; he’ll tell the story behind the signature video to celebrate last year’s NPS Centennial.
The above are just a sampling of the many show highlights.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Designed to provide valuable information to media professionals working across multiple platforms for federal, state and local government, law enforcement, education, non-profits, and publicly funded institutions, this year’s Government Video Expo features:
• Keynotes, panels, and discussions held continuously throughout the show on the GV Stage
• Production, postproduction, streaming, display, and delivery technologies on the show floor
• Presentations by experts from the Department of Defense, Library of Congress, Defense Information School, NATO, Consumer Technology Association, National Park Service, Air Force, Department of Justice, and Department of the Treasury
• The D.C. Post | Production Conference, three days — with four tracks each day — of production and postproduction training from Future Media Concepts
• The Production Solutions Pavilion, a series of educational sessions held on the show floor
• The Government Learning Technology Symposium
• The National Drone Show, an event for UAV/UAS videographers that features demos, classes, screenings, and a drone flying cage
• After-hours networking events with user groups and associations
• Radio World’s Visual Radio Symposium, co-located with the expo, with leading broadcast executives and technologists on the role of video in radio
“It’s an exciting and challenging time to be a video professional,” explains Carmel King, EVP, Content and Business Operations, NewBay. “As the capabilities and possibilities of video technology advance almost daily — new applications, new formats, new distribution platforms, new means of consumption — it’s critical that professionals continue their education.
“We’ve designed this event to give our attendees as many educational opportunities as possible: education through experience, through instruction, and through presentations from experts,” King concludes. “Our hope is that the demonstrations and presentations on the exhibit floor, conference sessions, intensive workshops, panels, and keynotes will give our attendees a better sense of how technology is developing and how they can respond to and benefit from these developments.”
Government Video Expo’s 2016 attendees included TV producers, general managers, directors of operations, communications and public affairs officers, and numerous other media-related professionals from major government, law enforcement, and media organizations, including A&E Networks, ABC News, Air Force Television, C-SPAN, CBS News, CNN, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Discovery Communications, FOX News, GSA, Library of Congress, Lockheed Martin, NASA, National Geographic Channel, NATO, NBC, Northrup Grumman, PBS, State Department, The World Bank, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Secret Service, and VOA.
Cristina Clapp | Conference Director
Jackie Gospodinoff | Sales Director, Events
ph. 212. 378. 0493
Marketing and Media Partnerships:
Chardia Christophe | Associate Director Event Marketing
ph. 212. 378. 0443
NewBay delivers educational, thought leadership and problem-solving business information and networking to some of the world’s most dynamic industries — Music, AV/Pro Audio, Consumer Electronics/Gaming, Video & Broadcast and Education. We provide more than 95 digital products, 50 live event experiences, 35 high-quality magazines, custom marketing and e-commerce environments. Our capabilities inform millions of professionals and connect them with providers of products and services to improve performance and seize new opportunities. Learn more at newbaymedia.com.