Four-Day Online Conference on VR, AR Games & Entertainment Launches 7/24
VR Voice, a content vertical on all aspects of virtual reality, today announced VR Games & Entertainment Extravaganza, an online conference July 24-27 that focuses on the development of the VR/AR games and entertainment industry. The free conference features expert speakers at the forefront of the virtual reality/augmented reality medium.
Tim Herbert, Senior Vice President, Research & Market Intelligence, at CompTIA, will deliver a presentation about the movement of VR/AR into the workplace.
“This is a first-of-its-kind conference,” said Bob Fine editor and publisher of VR Voice, elaborating that agenda includes more than 50 speakers, four full of days of presentations, one-on-one interviews, panel discussions and other special sessions – such as a concluding session that is conducted completely in VR hosted within AltspaceVR. Panelists and audience members will discuss the future of VR and social media within a VR setting.
“Virtual reality and augmented reality are gateway innovations that can inspire young people to experiment with new technologies and consider careers as technologists,” said Charles Eaton, CEO of Creating IT Futures, a charitable organization created by CompTIA to help populations under- represented in the information technology industry and individuals who are lacking in opportunity to prepare for, secure and be successful in IT careers.
“Tech conferences flourish during periods of disruption, as they did during the Internet boom and the age of the app, ushered in by the iPhone,” said Charlie Fink, Forbes contributor, co-organizer of the event and a featured speaker. “Major on-site trade shows cost organizations thousands of dollars to attend, so even big companies can only send a handful of employees. We offer attendees broad access to thought leaders and their insights in real time, with the convenience of never leaving the office.”
The VR Games & Entertainment Extravaganza keynote interview features Jordan Weisman, a world- renowned game designer, producer, entrepreneur and professor at the University of Southern California.
Other notable speakers include:
- Tim Merel, Digi-Capital
- Stephanie Llamas, SuperData Research
- Bruce Vaughan, CEO of Dreamscape
- Dean Takahashi, Lead Writer of Gamesbeat
- Keith Boesky, Board Member, Osterhout Group
- Marcie Jastrow, SVP, Technicolor
- Jim Chabin, President, VR Society
- Speakers from Microsoft, AMD, Giroptic, Zero Latency, Merge VR, Zeality, and many others
Featured topics include:
- “VR and Hollywood”
- “Venture Capital in VR, Games and Entertainment”
- “360 Video Now & The Future”
- “Location Based Virtual Reality (LBVR)”
- “The Future of Edutainment”
- Multiple VR and AR Developer Panels
VR Games & Entertainment Extravaganza is the second event in VR Voice’s 2017 conference series. In June, the company hosted “VR and Healthcare” at George Washington University in Washington, DC., and offers these coming events:
- VR & Higher Education August 10th in Boston
- VR & Construction/Real Estate October 26th in Washington, D.C.
- VR & Defense/Public Safety November 9th in Washington, D.C.
- VR for Good Summit November 17th in Washington, D.C.
For more information, visit http://entertainment.vrvoice.co/.