REGISTER FREE! Live Webinar, “The Film Festival Experience” Taught by Peter John Ross, Award-Winning Filmmaker and Owner/Director of The Indie Film Gathering International Film Festival
FREE Live Webinar
The Film Festival Experience
Led by Peter John Ross
Award-Winning Filmmaker and Owner/Director of
The Indie Film Gathering International Film Festival
- Date: Thursday, February 15, 2024
- Time: 10:00am PST to 11:15am PST (California time)
- Duration: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Hosted by: StudentFilmmakers.com
- Location: Online via Zoom
- Cost to Attend: FREE for StudentFilmmakers.com Members.
- Registration Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMudO-gpjovH9GqJ1VAnZ_dDF4PuIC-PD7p
Join us for a transformative webinar where you’ll learn the ins and outs of film festivals, guided by an experienced filmmaker and festival director. This session will provide invaluable insights into making your film stand out in a crowded field. Whether you’re a seasoned filmmaker or just starting out, this webinar will teach you how to view your film as both art and a product, and use film festivals as a launchpad for success. Discover the secrets to adding monetary value to your film, networking effectively, and mastering the art of promotion. Understand the true value of screenings and how audience reactions can be the ultimate test of your film’s impact. We’ll also delve into the practicalities of festival costs and strategies for maximizing your investment. This is an unmissable opportunity to gain knowledge that could shape your filmmaking journey.
- Understanding Film Festivals: Learn the business side of film festivals and how to approach your film as a product.
- Strategic Submissions: Insights into selecting festivals, managing costs, and maximizing your film’s chances of selection.
- The Power of Awards: How awards can add monetary value and prestige to your film.
- Networking Opportunities: Tips on building valuable connections with fellow filmmakers, distributors, and industry insiders.
- Effective Promotion: Strategies for getting press attention and leveraging festival screenings for promotion.
- The Impact of Screenings: Learn why real audience reactions are crucial and how they can lead to improvements in your film.
- Handling Rejections: How to respond to festival rejections constructively and turn them into opportunities.
- Q&A Sessions: Mastering the art of post-screening Q&As and using audience feedback to your advantage.
- Critical Self-Reflection: Embracing criticism and using it to refine your filmmaking skills.
- Enhancing the Film Experience: Insights into the unique magic of the film festival experience and how it differs from other viewing contexts.
Columbus, Ohio filmmaker Peter John Ross has been nominated for 6 regional Emmy’s, won dozens of awards at film festivals all over the planet. His first feature film, the Nazi Zombie Werewolf movie “Horrors of War” received worldwide distribution. Currently, Ross created a documentary series called “Social Media Monster” that has been at 48 film festivals and won 16 awards and finalist for another 17. Peter John Ross just became the festival director for the Indie Gathering International Film Festival which runs every August in Cleveland, Ohio. Ross also teaches filmmaking online with Cinestudy.org, a free resources to help people interested in filmmaking that cannot afford a formal education.