Avid highlights major advancements across all product suites, extends MediaCentral Platform into the cloud, and showcases end-to-end 4K/IP and enhanced immersive workflows
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID), a leading global media technology provider for the creation, distribution and monetization of media assets for global media organizations, enterprise users and individual creative professionals, showcased its extensive set of innovations for the Avid MediaCentral® Platform at BroadcastAsia 2017. As the next phase of Avid Everywhere™, Avid has extended MediaCentral—the industry’s most open, tightly integrated and efficient platform designed for media—to the cloud, giving customers even more flexibility in their deployment models and licensing options. Avid will also showcase end-to-end 4K/IP workflows, enhanced immersive workflows, and an expanded Alliance Partner ecosystem, with major advancements across its comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and optimize media.
“With the transformation of Avid Everywhere from vision to reality complete, we’re accelerating the pace of innovation—a key part of which involves extending media production to the cloud,” said Tom Cordiner, senior vice president, global sales, Avid. “We’re looking forward to showing our preeminent community of customers across the Asia Pacific region how our latest innovations can help them address their most critical challenges—whether they’re students, aspiring artists, educational institutions, creative professionals or media enterprises.”
Innovations on show at the Avid booth included:
- Extending MediaCentral to the cloudWith new cloud-hosted applications, media services and infrastructure on demand, media organizations can capitalize on the efficiency, agility, flexibility and scalability that the cloud facilitates. To enable accelerated cloud innovation, Avid has selected Microsoft as its preferred public cloud partner.
- New services on the MediaCentral PlatformAvid Dialogue Search™ provides a scalable search platform enabling users to locate clips based on spoken words or phrases across archives, media asset management systems and production asset management systems, while Avid Illuminate™ provides a file-based quality assurance system for verifying captions, video descriptions and languages.
- Avid brings native Dolby Atmos mixing to Pro Tools® | HD and S6With deep integration of Dolby Atmos in Pro Tools® | HD, audio post professionals can create massive multichannel mixes more easily in the industry’s leading immersive audio format for movies, TV shows, music, and video games.
- Avid Artist | DNxIQ™ accelerates video workflowsWith the powerful new Artist | DNxIQ video interface’s extensive format support, from SD to 4k and Universal Mastering, video professionals can quickly and easily respond to changing content demands and deliver to a wider range of channels and device.
- Free version of industry standard Media Composer® for aspiring artistsAvid Media Composer | First gives aspiring creative professionals, students, and those just starting their professional careers free access to the same creative tools used by the world’s most successful filmmakers and television program creators.
- Furthering commitment to education The new Avid Media Campus program offers a deeper partnership with Avid, and flexible volume licensing and deployment options, to help educators better prepare the next generation of creative talents and media professionals for careers in the media and entertainment industry.
- New 4K/UHD collaborative workflows Avid will showcase a technology preview of next-gen server technology to enable media professionals to expand into new end-to-end 4K/UHD workflows for live sports and news production.
- Avid NEXIS® intelligent media storage enhancements Avid NEXIS now offers greater bandwidth scalability and extended workflows with Pro Tools, empowering creative teams with even better speed, efficiency, and collaboration.
- EVS Alliance partnershipNew IPLINK for Avid MediaCentral | UX enables Avid users to browse, search, and work with EVS media on the MediaCentral Platform in live sports, news, and entertainment workflows.