Breaking in to Episodic: How to Create Content Worthy of Binge-Watching
Sat, July 28th | 10:30 am – 3 pm | at Trevecca University
Includes boxed lunch & entry fee waiver to Screenplay competition, which is emailed after conclusion of workshop.
Episodic has reached its golden age and the demand for content has only continued to grow with so many different outlets. With more agents switching focus to “television” writers, this area is rapidly becoming a hotbed for undiscovered writers. This workshop focuses on everything you need to have before approaching representation or production companies and includes guidelines for adapting features. This is a WORKSHOP, so please bring any content that you want to work on and plan to leave with it in better shape.
What you will learn:
- How to develop a complete series document
- Crafting a hook – title to pilot
- The difference between storylines and subplots
- How to look like a pro by avoiding common mistakes
- Designing compelling characters and why that matters
- The key elements of act structure
- Episode structure and why it is more important in this format
For more information, visit https://nashvillefilmfestival.org/workshops/.