CE Week 2016 Kicks Off With Spotlight on Five Key Technology Trends
Like fashion, the tech world has its fall lineup. CE Week is calling it a banner year for: Connected Cars, Smart Home, Drones, Next Gen TVs & Audio Equipment and Emerging Technologies including AR, robotics and 3D printing.
The CE industry’s largest mid-year event, CE Week brings together media, analysts and technology thought leaders for product debuts, a robust conference program, workshops and networking events all focused on innovative technology trends. CE Week 2016 is scheduled June 21-23 in New York City, with the CE Week Exhibits scheduled June 22-23 at the Metropolitan Pavilion/Altman Building.
“This is the year that a new ecosystem of products that communicate with other products, immersive entertainment systems and emerging technologies will really begin to take hold,” said Eric Schwartz, executive producer, CE Week. “CE Week is a way for those most passionate about technology to see the future, now. New York City, with its burgeoning finance, media and high tech industries provides a great backdrop.”
Technology trends expected at CE Week 2016 include:
- Connected Car: With infotainment systems, ride-sharing services and the first generation of self-driving cars, The Connected Car will drive the conversation at CE Week. The fourth annual Connected Mobility Conference is produced by C3 Group and curated by connected car and future mobility expert Doug Newcomb. The Connected Mobility Conference will bring together the top thought leaders from automotive, technology, policy, research and media to examine how emerging technology can help New York and other urban areas create connected mobility solutions. Major companies in the automotive category will be featured including, BMW, Hyundai, Pioneer and VINLI. (1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. on June 22)
- Smart Home: The number of smart home products—devices that let you control your lighting, thermostat, or even your refrigerator from your smartphone—is rapidly growing. 30 millions households are projected to adopt smart home technology in 2016. With mobile phone controlled appliances, and services that integrate the Internet of Things coming of age, we’ll look at the myriad devices set to launch and the infrastructure glue that will hold them together. (3:45 p.m. on June 23)
- Drones: Whether they’re entertaining you, delivering your groceries, or accessing soil content, drones are poised to be a constant fixture in your life. Analysts predict that the potential for the drone market will top $12 billion by 2021, as recreational drones become more popular and the regulatory environment calms down. In the U.S. last year, over 700,000 drones were sold, a 63% increase from 2014. The exhibits re-enforce the data, as you’ll see the latest drones from top manufacturers and have the opportunity to pilot a drone at the Drone Obstacle Course. The CE Week Conference Program will feature The Drone Report, a playbook to all things drone. (12:00 p.m. on June 23)
- Emerging Technology: You’ll get to try your hand at 3D printing, try on your virtual reality glasses, and program a robot — and that’s just for starters. There’s an exhibit area devoted to start-ups, including several companies that have launched product on the popular crowdfunding platform, Indiegogo. Conference panels on augmented reality, robotics, 3D printing and crowdfunding are all part of the agenda.
- Next Gen TV & Audio: 4K, OLED and Ultra HD are no longer buzzwords; Smart TVs and enhanced audio are top of mind as consumers buy a new generation of ultra-sharp devices. See the future at the Value Electronics TV Shootout where a panel of experts will lead the audience in assessing the newest curved and flat 4K Ultra HD LEDs and OLEDs with HDR technology from the leading CE manufacturers. Hear the future at CE Week’s Hi-res Audio Zone sponsored by The Digital Entertainment Group featuring demonstrations of the latest hi-res compatible products from Astell & Kern, Onkyo and more. The CE Week conference program will highlight trends in audio technology with the session “Hi-Res Audio: How to Make It, Get It, Hear It”. (11:00 a.m. on June 23)
For more information on exhibitors and conference sessions, or to register for CE Week 2016, visit www.ceweekny.com. Follow CE Week on Facebook and Twitter, and use the official CE Week hashtag, #CEWeek2016.